Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Going round in Circles '22

PXL_20220315_080406428
PXL_20220313_092107448

Not sure whose machine this was, but it intrigued me. More CSM pics on the flickr if you're interested!

Well, this was pretty much the last event I attended in 2020 before the world turned upside down with COVID. So it was a nice surprise to find out it was running again. Initially I didn't think I could attend, as we were due to have our kitchen ripped out next weekend, so last weekend was going to be "move the kitchen contents into the living room or attic". Didn't think I'd be able to relax with that going on! Anyway, there was lots of lovely yarn, lots of familiar faces (and new ones), and I taught my usual how to cast on with the ribber. I also made the second sock above - made it harder for myself by ribbing the foot, normally the base of the foot is left plain. Oops! Oh well! This is NOT a sock for a beginner! Briefly caught up with a chap who is 3D printing cylinders and ribbers, before he had to go home with COVID. Damn virus stalks us everywhere, coming up to pandemic birthday number three now, I am NOT amused!

Many thanks to all who organised it, think we raised quite a bit of money for Ruddington Museum. 

Current mood: happy

No comments: