Monday, March 07, 2022

Productive weekend

PXL_20220307_075312484

Passap toque - I've made two of these now, and I suspect on my machine they'd be better worked over 152 sts and 150 rows.

PXL_20220307_075308055

Third time lucky hat - love this, worked really well!

PXL_20220307_075235624

Quick ribbed hats - another good pattern!

PXL_20220307_075243364

Scarf worked over roughly 80 sts with EON rib, ie ...I...I on both beds. Knitted until I ran out of yarn. Yarn ends have since been darned in!

PXL_20220307_075251792

I've been knitting these and claiming that they are from my pattern, but I think it's actually loosely based on a pattern from the Metbury Bitty book. In which case, my apologies! Because I love this heart and bird pattern, I made them a bit longer so that it's three full repeats. I also felt sure I'd knitted the three colour one a bit wider, because the red yarn was 4ply and made them a bit stiff, but alas I didn't write down what I did...

I had a good sort of yarn this weekend and discovered a massive box of yarn I'm never likely to knit with that can be donated to Ruddington next weekend. I've only about 4 or 5 cones of yarn that are big enough that I should think of a jumper-sized project to knit with them. I still need to do a proper inventory - one box seems to be chock full of fancy yarns, another is weaving yarns, and one is just a big patchwork blanket of samples I never finished.

Does anyone else find themselves going out just for the sake of it lately? I'm in two minds - part of me wants to stay home and avoid any chance of catching COVID, and part of me is desperate for a return to normality. This weekend we popped into town to replenish some supplies from Rugby Unwrapped, return some machine knitted items to a friend, pick up my favourite photography magazine and get some lunch. I couldn't talk the Cog into coming out again to partake of the local real ale festival. Yesterday evening we took ourselves into Leamington, hoping to sample a Japanese restaurant, but it was fully booked - ended up at a rather nice Chinese instead, so it wasn't all bad (plus there's more for tea tonight!)

Current mood: energetic

No comments: