Friday, June 10, 2022

Colour analysis and beaches

Thanks to COVID, I attended a postponed belated birthday treat last week - a colour analysis by House of Colour. I've always thought I was probably a spring or summer, but apparently I am an autumn. Now I am wondering if I need counselling - I do NOT like brown, and can only just about stand beige as a colour. There's almost no brown in my wardrobe. Apparently blue-pinks (ie hot pink) and most blues are out, as is white and black. I am to wear coral! Yuck... I think I will have to take it with a large pinch of salt - all my shoes are black, and my work trousers also - and I feel aggrieved at sending perfectly good clothes to charity just because they are the wrong colour. Even more interesting, my sister (a treat for her partly because I needed transport) made us go through it a second time because she was determined she was a summer. The Cog thinks it's all highly amusing and thinks I should wear what I like (he probably has a point!). I'm not a big one for gold jewellery either, I have always preferred silver. Oh well, it was a fun few hours. The office is now hybrid working so I doubt anyone will even spot if I've bought new clothes, let alone changed my colour tastes. 

I have made it to the armhole of the cardigan - brick red is apparently one of my colours, so that's lucky! We had a short break to Bournemouth, where we walked our legs off. I think I prefer the vibe of Swanage - lots of independant shops eg "Bert's Bits" and an amazing shop selling lots of tie dye stuff which is still doing well. Bournemouth has a bigger range of restaurants and a nicer beach - though we were both fuming having walked 25 minutes to one restaurant, having looked at the menu and chosen food, to be told the kitchen was closed but would we like cocktails instead? They're lucky I didn't say what I was thinking, as it wasn't printable. 

Had a medical yesterday (just a routine one). The male nurse was very nice and joked it was easy to see a vein for the blood sample, as I have small scars from blood donations. Today I discovered a lovely 1" long bruise on my inside elbow. So clearly he didn't do that great a job? The medical ran from 12:30 to 16:00 so I am afraid we got KFC afterwards - not exactly healthy eating, but it stood in for two meals...!

Current mood: indescribable

No comments: