Oh, I forgot I made this a few weekends ago - I had a sudden urge to have a go at patchwork after an episode of the Great British Sewing Bee. This bag is made almost entirely on the overlocker - it was a week or two before the final hem and handles were finished. No, the alignment of some of the squares isn't great, despite the fact I did actually use a piece of paper as a template, and as for placement, there wasn't much thought involved as you can see! Oh well, it was fun! I am now eyeing up some spotty fabric in my stash (The Hungry Caterpillar, Andover fabrics), which might be just enough for a simple button-through dress. The hitch is that it's a Prima pattern, so I need to trace some pieces before I can start cutting out because they've printed on both sides of the paper.
Current mood: happy