Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Busier than a busy thing...

Gosh, didn't realise it had been so long since I posted. Life has been busy! We had a week in Lanzarote which was lovely (apart from a bout of food poisoning on the first night). I could bore you with pictures but I'm sure there are plenty of better ones online. We stayed at a hotel with a fake volcano (with LED lava at night!) - there was a bar and an indoor waterfall at the bottom. Lots of swimming pools (one of which was FREEZING), and we were well placed for the quiet little harbour with lots of restaurants within easy walking distance. Cocktails, good weather, what's not to like? A bit weird seeing snowflakes and Santa in a hot country, but very enjoyable anyway. The whole Christmas thing has kicked off at work and at home - this year we're putting a few things up every day just because we don't have time to dedicate a whole morning to it (we don't put up that much!). There have been lots of things to visit and we did a mini pub crawl of our favourite pubs in Coventry this weekend (and got to check out the Coventry Telegraph hotel, very nice!). Most of the xmas shopping is done asides from the food, which is a relief. 

On the knitting front, I have finished the red tee top on the Passap, though I didn't make a great attempt at the crocheted sleeve borders. I also demonstrated Diana Sullivan's fingerless gloves at the monthly club meeting - yes, we have a half-decent webpage as of tonight - partly because I was thinking about stocking fillers, and partly because it's getting cold enough working from home that I need them myself! Don't ask how I got them to match, it was sheer luck. I'm no further forward with the half fisherman's cardigan on the Passap, mostly because I have been trying to get my sleep pattern back into some sort of normality and the vagaries of the E6000 is more complication than I can handle. Hoping to send the console in for a service and new battery early next year. 

PXL_20221213_070954421

PXL_20221213_070941888

Current mood: happy

No comments: