Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Really locked down...

Gosh, didn't realise it was almost a month since my last post. I am still being investigated for "focal seizures", if that is what they are. They only occur when I'm stressed, so it's very sporadic. I might not have any for months. Seems overkill to take medication for the rest of my life if so. We shall see what the test results say - I am hoping I come up clear. Still got a bump on the back of my head, and very little recollection of the holiday. Apparently, I even said "but we've only just got here" when the Cog informed me we were preparing to go home. I guess I will have to accept those memories are gone for good. I guess I couldn't have lost my driving licence at a better time, as WFH is still the normal for my office. Apparently it is a complete PITA to get it back - my cousin had a seizure after being knocked off his bike and it took many months to get his status restored. Oh, joy. The Cog has been good at taking me to places, but I suspect that will wear thin soon and especially in wintertime. 

Sad to say there's little machine knitting to report, but I have been working away on a handknit cardigan. It's an all-in-one raglan, with cables up the sleeves, in Noro Kureyon. I know there are a few mistakes in it, but as it took three attempts to get the sleeves on correctly they will have to stand. No pictures at the moment. 

The cavalier are now maskless, and the shelves at the local supermarket quite empty because of the "pingdemic". Oh for a return to normality! Though I suspect, things will never quite be the same again. 

I have been gifted two large sacks of coned yarn, I suppose I should pull my finger out and get making blankets out of them. It makes one despair of having a sort out, when more arrives. I have also been hunting for photographs pre 2003, as I hope to document our holidays. I suspect they might be pre-digital - I have had little luck so far! I also had a sneaky plan to challenge myself in the photography field, but lack of access to transport will make it tricky. For instance, there are lots of lovely examples of "thatch art" here, but such things are hard to visit without a car. 

We have a few more mini breaks and trips planned. I must try and stay positive. There are much worse positions to be in, and it's not forever, even if July 2022 seems a long way away. 

Current mood: annoyed

No comments: